The clinical laboratory at Foothill Regional Medical Center performs rigorous clinical testing to aid in the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disease. In the field of medicine, 70% of clinical decisions are based on lab testing. Our highly trained pathologists, clinical lab scientists, and phlebotomists use the latest technology to provide patients with fast and accurate results.
Our laboratory and pathology departments are fully accredited by The Joint Commission Laboratory Program and licensed by the California Department of Health. All test methodologies meet or exceed the regulations outlined by the Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments of 1988 (CLIA), which include federal standards applicable to U.S. facilities that test human specimens for health assessment and disease.
Foothill Regional offers a comprehensive range of lab tests, which includes the following:
- Clinical Chemistry – Clinical chemistry tests involve the automated analysis of blood and other bodily fluids for diagnostic purposes. Common clinical chemistry tests performed by our laboratory include kidney testing, liver function testing, screening for blood disorders and toxicology screening.
- Urinalysis – Our clinical laboratory Scientists run patient urine samples through a number of tests to detect and measure various key compounds. Urinalysis plays an important role in catching illnesses like kidney disease, liver disease and diabetes at an earlier stage.
- Microbiology – Microbiology testing involves finding infections caused by pathogens such as bloodstream infections, influenza and pneumonia. Results will inform the physician about what antibiotics or other treatment to recommend to a patient.
- Anatomic/Clinical Pathology – Our Pathologists are board-certified in anatomic and clinical pathology. Anatomic pathology analyzes tissue at a microscopic level and helps physicians identify and manage various types of tumors or cancers. Clinical pathology, on the other hand, looks at bodily fluids with special tools.
- Blood Bank & Transfusion Services – We promote the highest standards of care for patients and blood donors. Our qualified Clinical Lab Scientists perform compatibility testing and prepare blood products for patients requiring transfusions.
- Special Chemistry – This area focuses on high-complexity, non-automated biochemical testing. Services include allergy testing, electrophoresis, immunofixation and cancer markers.
Test results are integrated into the patient’s electronic health record for immediate access by physicians for rapid decision-making. Certain common tests may be performed at the bedside by nursing staff under the oversight of qualified laboratory personnel.
The clinical laboratory at Foothill Regional Medical Center is open 24 hours, 7 days a week. Appointments are recommended. Walk-ins are also welcome, but patients must first register with admissions and have their physician’s order for testing with them.
If you have any questions about our lab services, please call us at (714) 619-7700. We are conveniently located in Tustin on Newport Avenue between the 5 and 55 freeways. Our address is 14662 Newport Avenue.